Poppy Seed Stratification Guide
- Place a 1/2 cup of potting soil or dirt in a plastic bag.
- Sprinkle a very small amout of water on the dirt.
- Add 1/8 cup of Poppy Seeds into the bag.
- Mix the Poppy Seeds into the dirt.
- Seal the bag, and place in the refrigerator for 14 days.
- Remove after 14 days, and leave out on a paper towel in a dry room temperature area for 7 days.
- Process can take anywhere from 4 weeks to 5 months depending on the Poppy Seeds.
If mold begins to grow in the bag, the seeds will most likely be ruined. Throw the seeds away, and start again.
Do not use too much water, as it can cause mold, or drown the seeds.
This process is not always nessecary, but it sometimes is depending on the seeds.
Once this process is finished, you can plant the seeds. See our POPPY SEED PLANTING GUIDE for instructions on planting the seeds.